Type of Cosmetic Eye Procedures
Why Have Cosmetic Eye Surgery?
Lifestyle factors, genetics and the aging process can cause changes to the quality, texture and appearance of the skin and structures surrounding your eyes. Loss of collagen, sagging skin, bags and dark circles detract from your youthful appearance, making you look tired and aged. In other cases, the natural structure of the eye requires an eyelift to create a more defined crease or fold in the upper eyelid. Depending on the nature of the problem to be corrected, eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper and lower eyelids at the same time or separately.
Upper eyelid surgery can help if you have:
- Excess skin covering the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- Loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids over the eyelashes
- Loose upper eyelid skin that impairs your vision
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids
- A lack of a defined upper eyelid fold or crease due to Asian ethnicity
Lower eyelid surgery can help if you have:
- Puffy lower eyelids
- Deep grooves under your eyes
- Excess skin and fine lower eyelid wrinkles
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes
An eyelift may also be combined with a brow lift, collagen filler and BOTOX®, or a laser or chemical peel, to address other signs of aging in the eye area and create a more youthful appearance. Schedule your consultation today to discuss your options for cosmetic eye surgery. Dr. Siegel will recommend the surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures that will restore youth and vibrancy to your appearance and boost your self-confidence. Dr. Siegel’s high rate of patient satisfaction is based on his conservative philosophy: “The goal of any cosmetic procedure is to perform it in such a way that the results improve the patient’s appearance in time, without changing his or her identity.”