Top 4 Non-Surgical Ways to Rejuvenate Your Face
Many people want to enjoy younger looking features, but may not want to go under the knife to get them. Dr. Michel Siegel and our team can help! Here are the top four non-surgical ways you can rejuvenate your face at our Houston office.
1. IPL Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation
“IPL,” or Intense Pulsed Light, is a minimally invasive treatment that can deliver outstanding outcomes. During this treatment, Dr. Siegel will target carefully calibrated pulses of light at your face. These wavelengths are “non-ablative,” meaning they won’t damage the outer layers of your skin. What they will do is stimulate the deeper blood vessels and collagen within your epidermis to tighten, which can diminish the appearance of wrinkles, lines, sun damage, redness, discoloration, freckles, and large pores. Each IPL Photofacial skin rejuvenation treatment typically takes about 30 minutes. We generally recommend that patients undergo IPL once a month for four to six months.
The active ingredient in BOTOX® is botulinum toxin, a compound that prevents the facial muscles from contracting to create wrinkles. This injectable treatment is the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure in the United States. Patients appreciate the fact that it is simple to perform (it requires just a quick appointment, no anesthesia, and very little recovery time), provides outstanding results that last up to four months, and is relatively affordable!
3. Facial Dermal Fillers
Like BOTOX®, facial dermal fillers are injectable treatments, but rather than modifying the muscles, they smoothen wrinkles by adding volume to the face. Dr. Siegel can plump your tissue and revitalize your features with the following dermal fillers:
- Juvederm®. This filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a compound naturally found in connective tissue. Juvederm®’s effects typically last between nine months to one year.
- Radiesse®. This gel filler is composed of tiny calcium microspheres that build up the tissue and encourage the body to produce more collagen. Radiesse® treatments can last over a year.
- Sculptra®. This filler uses poly-L-lactic acid, a synthetic version of a compound your body naturally produces when you exercise your muscles. Like Radiesse®, Sculptra® stimulates collagen production. Since this filler requires a few weeks to take effect, Dr. Siegel will help you determine how many treatments are appropriate once he can assess your results.
- Restylane®. Similar to Juvederm®, Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid filler. In addition to diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, Restylane® can remove scars and augment the lips. Depending on the injection site, this filler lasts between three and six months.
Peels rejuvenate your face by removing the top layers of dead, damaged, or discolored skin, as well as catalyzing collagen development. Dr. Siegel offers two types of peels:
- He has designed his own non-acid chemical peel that limits burning and complications while delivering beautiful complexion in as little as a week.
- Dr. Siegel also performs laser peels, using precise, customized wavelengths to resurface the skin.
Which is Right For You?
Are you interested in nonsurgical facial rejuvenation? Dr. Siegel can help you decide which one (or more) of these treatments may benefit you! Contact us today to find out more about these procedures or schedule a consultation.