What Is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Plasma is the liquid component of blood. Platelets are tiny, colorless, disk-shaped cell fragments found in the blood and involved in clotting. They circulate within the blood and bind together when they recognize damaged blood vessels.
PRP injections are among the latest advances in skin rejuvenation techniques. This treatment method uses components of the patient’s own blood that are high in proteins and growth factors, which can stimulate a natural healing response in areas of damaged tissue. The body uses platelets, growth factors, and white blood cells to:
- Initiate and accelerate new tissue growth; and
- Repair injuries related to sun damage, aging, and other conditions.
Why Choose Dr. Michel Siegel?
- Dr. Siegel performs all surgical and nonsurgical facial procedures himself.
- He focuses his practice exclusively on facial plastic surgery and nonsurgical procedures of the face.
- Patients benefit from Dr. Siegel’s high level of technical skill in facial rejuvenation.
- He is well-known for his ability to create beautiful, natural-looking results.
What Should I Expectwith a PRP Treatment?
A small amount of blood is drawn from your body before the procedure and spun in a centrifuge to separate the platelet rich plasma from other components of the blood. Then the PRP is injected directly under the skin to create a more youthful appearance without dermal fillers or BOTOX.
Our Houston PRP injections harness the body’s own wound-healing and regenerative processes to stimulate growth of tissue and blood vessels and improve skin quality.
Platelet Rich Plasma FAQ’s
- How Do PRP Injections Create Facial Volume?
- What Skin Issues Can Be Treated with Platelet-Rich Plasma?
- How Long Does the Treatment Take?
- How Many Treatment Sessions Will I Need?
- Do the Injections Hurt?
- Are There Any Side Effects with PRP Facial Treatments?
- When Will I See Results with Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment?
Platelet Rich Plasma FAQ's
With injections of platelet rich plasma, fat layers under the skin, collagen, and blood supply are stimulated in the treatment area, creating natural volume. PRP also stimulates new collagen growth, which gives the skin a healthy glow and a firmer, more supple quality.
PRP treatment, also known as collagen enhancement therapy, is effective, alone or in combination with other procedures for:
- Skin laxity
- Skin texture and tone
- Stretch marks
Platelet-rich plasma is a lunchtime procedure that takes approximately 30 minutes to perform.
Your Houston PRP injections can be repeated every one to two months. For most patients, three treatment sessions produce remarkable improvements. Some people may require maintenance treatments once a year, or more frequently, depending on the condition of their skin.
PRP injections are well tolerated by most patients. A topical numbing cream can be applied approximately one hour before the procedure to make treatment more comfortable.
Platelet rich plasma is taken from your own blood, so treatment is safe and natural. It is not rejected by your immune system, and there is no chance of allergic reaction or hypersensitivity.
At approximately three weeks after your Houston PRP injections, you should begin noticing improvement in the texture of your skin. Wrinkles begin to soften, scars begin to fade, the pores are tightened, and dark circles under the eyes are brightened.