This is one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures we perform, and it continues to increase in popularity every year. If you want the convenience of hair-free legs, underarms, back, face, or bikini area, Dr. Michel Siegel can help. Using cutting-edge technology, he produces long-lasting results in a quick and painless procedure.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical treatment that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. The light emitted by the laser is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the hair follicles that produce hair and inhibits or delays future growth.
Why Choose Dr. Michel Siegel?
- Dr. Siegel specializes solely in facial plastic surgery and nonsurgical procedures of the face.
- You can benefit from his higher level of expertise in facial treatments.
- He personally performs all surgical and nonsurgical facial enhancement, including laser hair removal.
- His private, boutique facial plastic surgery clinic is focused on creating a positive patient experience that is pleasant, smooth, and seamless.
Laser Hair Removal ProcessDr. Siegel’s Method
The LightSheer® DUET™ Laser from Lumenis®, along with the ChillTip continuous contact cooling method, enables Dr. Siegel to gently and efficiently treat both large and small areas to remove unwanted hair in a fast and easy procedure, taking only minutes. Depending on your hair density, hair color, skin type, and the treatment area, several treatments may be required to obtain the desired outcome.
No topical anesthetic is needed during this comfortable and soothing procedure. Afterwards, you can expect your skin to look normal, with virtually no irritation, discoloration or inflammation. Regardless of skin type or color, this hair removal system can give you impressive results.
Laser Hair Removal FAQ's
After a consultation, Dr. Siegel will offer specific instructions on how to prepare for your first laser hair removal session. General instructions for preparation include:
- Staying out of the sun
- Avoiding any sunless tanning creams that darken the skin
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications
- Avoiding other hair removal methods, such as waxing, plucking, and electrolysis
- Shaving the area to be treated the day before laser treatment
In most cases, a series of two to six treatments is required to achieve optimal results. The interval between treatments will depend on the treatment area. For example, treatments on the upper lip may be scheduled four to eight weeks apart, while treatments on the back may be 12 to 16 weeks apart.