Even people who are not overweight can have a double chin. Submental (under the chin) fat can be highly resistant to diet and exercise. Dr. Michel Siegel serves the Houston area, performing Kybella injections to improve the profile and reduce the appearance of a double chin.
Can Kybella Be Used to Treat Jowls?
Kybella injections can be used to diminish the appearance of jowls when there is excess fat accumulating around the jawline and beneath the neck. Because it works by destroying fat cells, Kybella may not be recommended if your jowls are caused by sagging skin rather than excess fat, in which case a neck lift or other surgical procedure is more appropriate. In your consultation, Dr. Siegel will establish which techniques are likely to be safe and successful for you and determine the best way to give you the defined, youthful facial profile that looks fresh and youthful.
Who Is a Candidate for Kybella?
Most patients with submental fat (double chin) can benefit from Kybella treatment. You may be a candidate for this non-surgical procedure if:
- You are over 18 years old.
- You are looking for a solution to reduce a double chin.
- You do not currently have an infection.
- You are not pregnant.
- Your chin is not scarred.
- You do not have excess loose skin beneath the chin or at jowls. This may require surgical treatment to remove.
- You follow a healthy lifestyle, complete with exercise and balanced nutrition, but your double chin still won’t go away. (If you want to lose weight, it’s important to do so before having Kybella injections. Weight fluctuations can interfere with your results.)
- You are looking for a minimally invasive option to improve your chin’s appearance and your overall facial structure.
While these are general guidelines for candidacy for Kybella, each individual is different. Dr. Siegel will determine if you are qualified for Kybella in your initial consultation.