Facial and Neck Liposuction in Houston
Face and neck liposuction are popular cosmetic surgical procedures that provide rapid, yet satisfying results. Excess fat in the chin and neck areas can often give an individual a ‘double chin’ or the appearance of being overweight. Liposuction removes excess fat from underneath the chin, neck and jowls, accentuating the jawline and creating a more youthful and attractive appearance. Dr. Michel Siegel is an experienced and qualified Houston-area facial liposuction plastic surgeon. Dr. Siegel uses liposuction to help his patients achieve a sleeker, more defined face and neck while maintaining a natural look.
Why Have Facial Liposuction?
Despite dieting, exercise and significant weight loss, stubborn fat deposits may remain in your face and neck. Liposuction removes areas of fat that can be difficult to eliminate through lifestyle changes alone. Depending on your unique situation, liposuction may be performed alone or in conjunction with other cosmetic facial enhancement procedures. The most common facial liposuction procedures include:
- Independent Facial Liposuction: Facial liposuction is performed as a standalone procedure. In general, results are better in younger patients with good skin elasticity.
- Facial Liposuction and Facelift or Neck lift: Patients who want to enhance a blunted jaw or neckline may combine facial liposuction with a facelift or neck lift procedure to achieve more dramatic results.
- Facial Liposuction and Chin Implant: Patients with a weak chin may require a chin implant to better balance their facial proportions. Facial liposuction combined with a chin implant can produce very impressive results.
- Facial Liposuction and Fractional Laser: While liposuction reduces the amount of fat under the skin, the skin itself, may require tightening or wrinkle reduction. Fractional laser is recommended to rejuvenate skin texture or elasticity.
- During your consultation with Dr. Siegel, an assessment will be made to determine whether liposuction, a face or neck lift, or a chin implant will be needed to achieve the desired result. In selected patients with a double chin, minimal to moderate neck fat and good skin elasticity, Kybella injections may be an alternative to liposuction.
What Happens During Facial Liposuction?
Facial liposuction is a fairly simple procedure. A tiny incision is made under the chin, and a suction device is used to gently remove fat from the face and/or neck Dr. Siegel’s approach to face and neck liposuction is unique. He uses micro-suction devices with low pressure. This approach is gentler, resulting in less swelling and bruising than standard liposuction methods. Surgery is performed under local anesthesia, and generally takes about 30 to 45 minutes. Most patients experience minimal bruising and swelling, and can return to work in as little as 48 to 72 hours after the procedure.
How Much Does Facial Liposuction Cost?
The cost for facial liposuction in Houston averages $2,500. However, both the cost and the results of facial and neck liposuction will depend on the patient’s desired results and unique facial anatomy, as well as the surgeon’s expertise and qualifications. Contact us today to schedule a personalized consultation with Dr. Siegel to determine how much your facial liposuction procedure might cost and what results you can expect.