What is a lower facelift?
A lower facelift addresses loose skin and tissue on the lower portion of your face, from cheeks to upper neck. By targeting the muscles and connective tissues below your skin, the supportive structures are tightened and lifted to create a remarkably natural outcome.
A lower facelift removes excess sagging skin and smooths etched-in laugh lines and jowls, creases around the nose and mouth, and excess chin fat. By tightening the muscles and reducing excess skin, the definition of the jawline is restored. A lower facelift typically takes about a decade or more off your look.
How is a lower facelift unique?
A lower facelift is unique from a traditional facelift in that it targets specific aspects of your face from the tops of your ears to the jawline. When under the care of Dr. Siegel, your surgery is customized, treating the following signs of age:
- Restores the cheek area to its youthful position for a natural-looking lift
- Excess skin and fat are removed
- Natural fat grafting can resolve lost volume at the temples when needed
- Restores a firm, youthful, defined jawline
- Creases and sagging skin and fat on the upper neck is smoothed
- Double chin fat removed
What should I expect during lower facelift surgery?
Dr. Siegel will create a tailored surgical plan just for you. The procedure involves the following steps:
- General anesthesia or intravenous sedation will be administered for your comfort
- Incisions will be made in discreet locations around the ears, so scars are hidden from view
- The muscles and connective tissues below the skin are restored to a more youthful placement
- Excess skin and fat are removed
- the upper portion of the throat around the jawline and chin are lifted for a sculpted to restore a defined, youthful jawline and neck
Why should I choose Dr. Michel Siegel?
Dr. Michel Siegel is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon. He has dedicated his professional career to facial plastic surgery and is widely regarded as being the finest facial plastic surgeon practicing in Houston. His understanding of facial anatomy and meticulous surgical techniques allow him to create subtle, very natural-looking results. A lower facelift procedure by Dr. Siegel is a must for people who are looking for the highest quality care and outstanding results. Never compromise on quality when it comes to facial plastic surgery.
Lower Facelift FAQ's
If you smoke, then you must quit for at least two weeks before undergoing surgery. You may need to alter your current medications, which will be discussed with your doctor.
A lower face lift has an average cost of $12,175, but could be less or more, based on the extent of your procedure.
Dr. Siegel offers his patients to visualize the outcome of facelift surgery with the Vectra 3D imaging system. A 3D image of your own face is created so you can clearly see how you will look after your surgery and recovery.
In the initial stage of healing, you can expect swelling and bruising, which fades as the days pass, revealing a refreshed, natural look. You should be ready to venture out within about two to three weeks with confidence.
A lower facelift may involve gentle liposuction to remove under-chin fat. You should wear this garment as Dr. Siegel advises so the area heals smoothly.
Typically, Dr. Siegel’s patients look about a decade or more younger after a lower facelift. When sagging jowls are gone, excess skin removed, the jawline restored so it appears youthful, with the underlying facial tissues lifted, the results are exceptionally natural – like you in your younger years.